Thursday 28 September 2017

Tracy Ann Logan at Panama Temple

Stewarts and Browns with Tracie-Ann Logan
Several Months ago we began to entertain the idea of helping Sister Logan to attend the Temple in Panama.

Tracie-Ann Logan has neur-myalitus optica which has left her blind along with other side effects affecting her mobility.

In a male dominated society she was easily overlooked and never invited to participate in even small ways in the Church.

Panama City Temple
Sister Logan has a Master's Degree and is working at becoming self-employed.  We took a keen interest in her because of her amazing spirit.  Once we were able to establish that there was no reason for her not to be able to receive the blessings of the Temple we began working through all the hurdles required to enable her to be prepared for the journey.  She stayed in an adjoining room from us and Jocelyn became her primary care-taker while at the Temple.

I would like to share with you her wonderful testimony of her experience.  We are grateful for her kind words to us and others that worked with us to enable her to attend, but its the rest of what she said that truly is an inspiration for us all.  This is among those amazing experiences that we need from time to time to remind us of what a blessing it has been for us to serve in this wonderful mission.  Here is her testimony in her own words:
Patrick and Sheryl Medley with Tracie-Ann



Mandeville Branch Members and Browns
To whom it may concern: I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the opportunity afforded me to attend the temple in Panama City, Panama. The experience is not one that is easily described by mere words. It truly felt like heaven on earth due to the outpouring of love, care and understanding that was extended to me by the temple workers and fellow Jamaicans. My interaction with everyone made me think that I truly experienced the pure love of Christ. The support and aid extended to me by all, due to my disabilities transcends verbalization.
The testimonies of emotional and financial sacrifices strengthened my resolve to assist other members of the church in different states of readiness in becoming spirituality mature and temple ready. I firmly believe that all members of the church should be blessed by this experience not only once but as frequently as possible.

Jocelyn and Tracie Ann having fun at Panama Canal
It is my personal experience that simply having a true desire to attend the temple is sufficient for our Heavenly Father to open all doors and pathways, removing all obstacles to get us there. He sent angels in the form of Elder and Sister Brown, who, despite knowing my disabilities had faith and moved mountains to get me there including personal sacrifices on their part. The Browns solicited the assistance of other angels in the form of the Stewarts, the Medleys, the temple Presidency and other members who were present. Concerns regarding my disabilities only served to enhance my experience by increasing my levels of determination and concentration. I am truly blessed.
Sincerely Yours. 

Tracie Ann Logan

Tracie Ann's Testimony


No comments:

Post a Comment